ActivStats for Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8):
- Create a new folder on your Mac Desktop, name it ActivStats.
- Insert your ActivStats DVD and open the volume when it appears on your desktop.
- Look for the Course folder and copy it into the ActivStats folder on your Mac.
- Download the ActivStats.zip file and DataDeskASX.zip. Unzip both files.
- Place the new ActivStats application into the ActivStats folder (not the Course folder).
- Place the new Data Desk ASX into the Course folder that's in the ActivStats folder.
- Launch ActivStats.
- Select to create a New student file and enter your ActivStats serial number.
In this presentation Dick De Veaux will share some of his experiences as a data mining and statistical consultant for groups as varied as American Express, the National Security Agency, the office of the Attorney General of Vermont, and the Comptroller's Office of New York State. He will discuss the methods analysts use to mine these large data repositories, what the limits are, and what the future might hold.