Searching your site
Your Companion Website includes a site search page that lets you find terms and concepts in the Companion Website text.
To search for a word or phrase in a Companion Website:
The search results appear in order, based on the relevance of the page to the search text you specified. Relevance takes into account such factors as:
- Click the Search button at the top of any page in your Companion Website.
- On the Site Search page that appears, type the word or phrase you want to find in the Search Text box.
- Click the Search button to begin searching for the word or phrase you specified or click the Reset button to clear the search terms and type new ones.
For example, pages that have search text in a heading appear in the search results before pages that have search text in a paragraph.
- How often the search text appears on the page
- How close together words in the search text appear
- How prominently search text appears on the page
What parts of the Companion Website can you search?
You can search for words and phrases anywhere in your Companion Website except in:
- Student-supplied answers to quiz questions
- Quiz hints and quiz result reports
- HTML page links and media file links
- User profile information